Alco Windows and Doors, together with its directors, employees, agents, suppliers, partners, and content providers is committed to protecting your personal and financial information. In the course of providing products and services, we need to collect and maintain certain nonpublic personally identifiable information about you. We may use this personal information about you to service and maintain your account, process transactions in your account, facilitate communication between you and other users, respond to inquiries from you or your representative, develop, offer, and deliver products and services, or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. We will not sell, rent, license, or disclose any of your nonpublic personally identifiable information to any nonaffiliated third parties except as described herein.
When you visit our Website, we may collect technical and navigational information, such as computer browser type, Internet protocol address (“IP address”), pages visited, general statistical and tracking information, your computer operating system and browser information, and average time spent on our Websites. This information may be used, for example, to alert you to software compatibility issues, or it may be analyzed to improve our Web design and functionality. To maintain security of your online session and prevent unauthorized users from accessing your account we use firewall barriers, encryption techniques, and authentication procedures.
- Information Collected
We collect information about our users in four ways: directly from the user, from our web server logs, through cookies, and from third parties with whom we may contract with to perform certain functions or serves on our behalf. The following information may be collected:
- Personal Information
“Personal Information” refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your name, phone number, email, postal address, and possibly information relating to certain support or customer service issues. In many cases, we need this information to provide to you many of the services that you may have requested.
- Cellular Phone Numbers
By providing a cellular telephone number to us, you expressly consent to, and authorize us or a third party on our behalf to deliver telemarketing calls and/or text messages to the number you provide. You are not required to consent to these calls as a condition to purchasing any goods or services but withholding your consent may prevent us from providing certain services to you. This consent encompasses all future telemarketing calls and text messages from us or a third party placing these calls on our behalf.
- Submission of Reviews, Rating, and Comments
We collect information that you voluntarily provide as part of the Products and Services, including messages, posts, comments, responses, reviews, and ratings you submit through the Products and Services, (“User Content”). Alco Windows and Doors may in our sole discretion share your User Content with others such as your business reviews. If you do not want certain information shared with others, you should not submit User Content, or should not submit User Content that contains information or Personal Information you do not want shared in this manner. Once you have submitted User Content, we reserve the right to publish it in any medium to others.
- Aggregate Information
We may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Products and Services, such as how many visitors visit a specific page on the Website, how long they stay on that page, and which hyperlinks, if any, they click on. This information represents a generic overview of our users, including their collective viewing habits, and allows us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services based on user traffic and behavior. We collect this information through the use of technologies such as ‘cookies’ and web beacons, which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information in order to help enhance the Site and Services to make for a better visitor experience.
- Third Party Information
We may supplement information you provide to us with information from other sources, such as information to validate or update your address, payment card or other demographic and lifestyle information. We use this information to help us maintain the accuracy of the information we collect, to enable us to fulfill our products and services, to target our communications so that we can inform you of products, services and offers that may be of interest and for internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission.
We may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about your visits to and interactions with our website through the use of technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services. To learn more, or to opt-out of receiving online display advertisements tailored to your interests by our third-party partners.
- Other Tracking Technologies
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; Internet protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; and dates, pages and times that our Site and Services are accessed. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that ‘serve up’ webpages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. The Products and Services may also use technology called “tracer tags”. These may also be referred to as “Pixels”, “Clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages you visit on the Website and other ways you interact with our Products and Services, such as purchases made through the Website. These tracer tags are used to help us to optimize and tailor our Products and Services for you and other users of the Website. We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect.
- Use of Information
The information Alco Windows and Doors collects is used in a variety of ways, including
- for internal review;
- to improve the Products and Services;
- to optimize third-party offers of products and/or services;
- to verify the legitimacy of reviews and ratings;
- to notify you about updates to the Products and Services;
- to let you know about products, services, and promotions that you may be interested in;
- to get reviews and ratings;
- for our marketing purposes and the marketing of discounts offered through our Products and Services by a variety of service providers (collectively, “Service Providers”);
- to fulfill and provide products and services, including personalized or enhanced services, requested by you; and
- internal business analysis or other business purposes consistent with our mission; and to carry out other purposes that are disclosed to you and to which you consent.
- Disclosures and Transfers of Information
We do not disclose Personal Information to third parties, except when one or more of the following conditions is true:
- We have your permission to make the disclosure;
- The disclosure is necessary for the purpose for which the personal information was obtained;
- The disclosure is to financial service providers in order to fulfill and carry out the purchase and provision of goods and services requested by you;
- The disclosure is permitted by relevant law;
- The Personal Information to be disclosed is otherwise publicly available in accordance with the applicable law;
- The disclosure is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets;
- The disclosure is for our own marketing purposes, or, with your authorization, for the marketing purposes of third parties;
- The disclosure is combined with information collected from other companies and used to improve and personalize services, content, and advertising from us or third parties;
- The party to whom the disclosure is made controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Alco Windows and Doors;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion necessary for the establishment or maintenance of legal claims or legal compliance, to satisfy any law, regulation, subpoena or government request, or in connection with litigation;
- The disclosure is in our sole discretion about users who we believe are engaged in illegal activities or are otherwise in violation of our Alco Windows and Doors Membership Agreement, even without a subpoena, warrant or court order; or
- The disclosure is to outside businesses to perform certain services for us, such as maintaining our Site and Services, mailing lists, processing orders and delivering products and services, sending postal mail, processing claims for lost or stolen certificates, providing marketing assistance, and data analysis (“Administrative Service Providers”), including Administrative Service Providers outside the country or jurisdiction in which you reside.
We may also disclose aggregate visitor data in order to describe the use of the Products and Services to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. We may also share aggregated demographic and preference data with third parties to enable the provision of targeted information, promotions, offers and/or discounts on products and services.
- Accessing Your Information and Opt-in/Opt-out Requests
You can update certain information and unsubscribe from receiving specific types of email from us. You cannot, however, unsubscribe from receiving certain emails, such as account status and billing related emails, unless you close your account and fulfill any existing contractual obligations.
You can also ask us whether we are keeping information about you; to provide you with access to any information we have about you; how your information is being used; update, correct, or delete your information, or opt-out of the collection and use of certain information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, specifying the nature and scope of your request. If you choose to delete your information or opt-out of the collection and use of your information, you understand that certain services, may no longer be available to you, potentially including revocation of your User privileges. Please state in your correspondence the details of your request. We may require proof of your identity before we provide you with the requested information. We allow you to challenge the data that we hold about you and, where appropriate, you may have the data erased, rectified, amended, or completed. Approved requests will be processed within ten (10) days of the date on which we receive the request.
- Use of Non-Personal Information
We may collect information about you that is not Personal Information (“Non-Personal Information”). We may share Non-Personal Information with third parties to permit third parties to place cookies, tags, web beacons, and other tools on your computer. You may block or disable cookies on your computer that will restrict the collect of Non-Personal Information but doing so may prevent you from accessing certain functionalities on our Website.
- Children’s Privacy
This Website is intended to be used by adults. It is not intended for children. Alco Windows and Doors does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of eighteen (18) or knowingly allow such persons to register. If you are under 18, please do not send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 13 is allowed to provide any personal information to Alco Windows and Doors. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Third Party Websites
When you select a link to a third-party site, you are subject to the privacy and security policies of the third party and Alco Windows and Doors’s Policy is no longer in effect. Alco Windows and Doors does not control the privacy policies or the privacy practices of any third parties. We are not responsible for the practices employed by Websites linked to or from our Website nor the information or content contained therein. Your browsing and interaction on any other Website, including those that have a link on our Website, is subject to that Website’s own rules and policies. Please read over those rules and policies before proceeding.
- Data Security
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your Personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure. We use encryption in the transmission of your Personal information between your system and ours, and our hosting party use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal information.
No system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your Personal information, searches or other communications will always remain secure. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Despite our efforts, Alco Windows and Doors cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. You should also take care with how you handle and disclose your Personal information. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
- Access to Your Information
- Links to Other Internet Websites
- Notification of Changes
- Governing Law
This Agreement and all matters arising out of or relating to this Agreement, is governed by, and is to be construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof to the extent such principles or rules would require or permit the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the State of Florida. You consent to the jurisdiction of the State of Florida and the venue of Miami-Dade County, for any litigation regarding this Agreement.
Effective Date: January 22, 2018