- Prepares all permit applications for projects in progress.
- Oversees delivery, processing from external authorities, necessary revisions, and pickup and distribution of all permits.
- Coordinates with project engineers and architects to ensure permit issuing and project completion – in coordination with the operations manager.
- Keeps a safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Respond to and resolve difficult and complex complaints, requests, and inquiries from clients, project experts, and government personnel.
- Read and interpret building plans and specifications.
- Interpret and apply building codes and regulations.
- Interpret and apply regulatory code requirements and processes.
- Explain building or regulatory codes to clients, both verbally and in writing.
- Conduct technical research.
- Identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Oversee multiple projects, tasks, and priorities to achieve desired goals.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Operate office equipment including computers and related software applications.
- Maintain accurate electronic and manual records, logs, and databases.
- Prepare clear and concise permit applications and all related documentation.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.